Tillie Odam Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established by John Odam and his family to honor his mother Tillie Odam. Tillie Odam served as Director of Hendrick Medical Center’s Medical Records Technical School for 24 years. This award will offer assistance to Big Country high school seniors or alumni who are currently enrolled or who plan to enroll in Health Information Technology or Allied Health programs (Medical records-billing or transcription or other allied health fields such as ultrasound/sonography, radiology, surgical or cardiovascular technicians).
This award is NOT meant to be used as a supplement to a four-year degree plan such as nursing or P.A. degrees.
- High School senior or Alumni of a Big Country Area School
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or two/four year college that provides a state recognized medical license or certification.
- Must enroll in, or be enrolled in a Health Information Technology or Allied Health programs (Medical records-billing or transcription or other allied health fields such as ultrasound/sonography, radiology, surgical or cardiovascular technicians).
- Tillie Odam Memorial Scholarship
- $1,500.00 renewable for 2 yrs
- Supplemental Questions
- Indicate which Health Information or Allied Health program you will be enrolling in: Medical records-billing, transcription, ultrasound/sonography, radiology, surgical or cardiovascular technician.
- Please submit an essay based on the biography of Tillie Odam. What impresses you most about Ms. Odam based on what her students said about her? Describe how someone has influenced you like Tillie Odam influenced her students. (the link to Mrs. Odam's life is in the description of this fund in the listing of scholarships available).
- Provide the name and email address of an adult who knows your character and is willing to submit an online reference on your behalf (No relatives).