Marie Denham Memorial Scholarship
Marie Denham (1921-2002) worked with the children of Abilene for 29 years as a class-room teacher, counselor and administrator. She was a counselor at Abilene High School from 1963 to 1977 and served as the Coordinator of Guidance and Counseling for AISD from 1977 to 1986. Her ability to listen to students and give guidance in a gentle encouraging way will be remembered by all who were fortunate enough to become acquainted with her. Her great passion was helping students realize their God-given potential through a college education that prepared them for a career and for life.
- Graduating High school senior from Abilene High School (attended for at least two years)
- Marie Denham Memorial Scholarship
- $1,500.00 single award
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you live in a single-parent home?
- Please provide an essay that discusses the following subjects (250-300 words): Why do you want to go to college and how would this award impact your ability to attend? What do you hope to accomplish with your life? What are your career interests/goals and what has motivated you toward them? Feel free to disclose a major obstacle in your life that you have overcome.
- Provide the name and email address of an adult who knows your character and is willing to submit an online reference on your behalf (No relatives).