Cook - Gilbert Cook Memorial Scholarship
This memorial scholarship fund was established to honor Gilbert Cook (1960-2001). Gilbert Cook was born November 7, 1960. He was a devoted husband, loving father and friend to all he came in contact with. His love for kids and others who needed a helping hand led him to be involved in several charitable organizations and fund raising events, giving his time and his many resources in order to help others. Gilbert was a true leader in the eyes of both young and old. His memory will live on through the Gilbert Cook Memorial Scholarship.
- Must be a graduation senior from either Abilene High, Jim Ned High, Merkel High or Wylie High
- Planning to attend an accredited two or 4 year college/university in the United States
- Gilbert Cook Memorial Scholarship
- $750.00 per recipient, single amount
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide an essay that answers the following questions: Why do you want to go to college and how would this award impact your ability to attend? What do you hope to accomplish with your life? What are your career interests/goals and what has motivated you toward them? Feel free to disclose a major obstacle in your life that you have overcome.
- Provide the name and email address of an adult who knows your character and is willing to submit an online reference on your behalf (No relatives).