GAMA - Greater Abilene Ministers Alliance Scholarship
The Greater Abilene Ministers Alliance (GAMA) Scholarship Fund was established in 1988 to provide scholarships to African-American graduates who are members of GAMA churches. The purpose of this award is to provide financial assistance to deserving students to enable them to continue their education. This scholarship was also established to give recognition to students exhibiting motivation and determination to further their education and achieve a worthwhile career.
- Graduating senior from Abilene High, Cooper High, ATEMS or Holland Medical (*Preference is given to students who are members of a GAMA church)
GPA of 2.0 or higher
- $2,000 per recipient, renewable for 4 yrs
- Supplemental Questions
- Please indicate which GAMA church you attend.
- If you are not a member of a GAMA church and are applying on the basis of being an AISD senior, please select the school you attend.
- Applicant must submit a business letter (minimum three paragraphs) requesting to be selected for this scholarship, why the applicant needs the funding and what attributes does the applicant feel he/she has that would qualify the applicant to be selected. Does the applicant feel he/she can be successful in college and what does the applicant plan to do to ensure success?..
- Provide the name and email address of your pastor/youth director who knows your character and is willing to submit an online reference on your behalf (no relatives).
- Provide the name and email address of a high school counselor or COOL counselor who knows your character and is willing to submit an online reference on your behalf.