Smart - Barbara and Norman Smart Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2005 from the estate of Norman and Barbara Smart in compliance with their wishes that a scholarship be made available to the nursing staff of Abilene Regional Medical Center. Norman and Barbara wanted to show their appreciation to the nursing staff for the thoughtful consideration, dedication, and the compassion shown both of them during their hospitalization at Abilene Regional Medical Center.
- Non traditional students (Preference will be given to an applicant who is currently employed at Abilene Regional Medical Center
LVN nurse who wishes to pursue a RN degree or RN who is attempting to complete a BSN degree
- Norman and Barbara Smart Memorial Scholarship
- $1,000.00 single award
- Supplemental Questions
- If you are already enrolled, list all college hours and gpa attained.
- Are you currently an employee of Abilene Regional Hospital?
- Are you seeking this scholarship to assist with pursuing an LVN, RN, BSN degree?
- Provide a 250-300 word essay that discusses your educational plans as they relate to you personally and to your career goals. Include motivating factors or important experiences which have helped to shape your personal philosophy and/or your educational plans and career goals. Include information that reflects your commitment to your desired career path.
- Provide the name and email address of an adult who knows your character and is willing to submit an online reference on your behalf (No relatives).