Big Country County Medical Society Alliance Scholarship
The Big Country County Medical Society Alliance Scholarship Fund (formerly Taylor-Jones-Haskell-Callahan County Medical Society Alliance) was established in the early 1970s as a result of Health Careers Day for students interested in pursuing a career in the medical profession. Since that time, the Medical Alliance has continued to support the scholarship cause. The purpose of the scholarships is to encourage Big Country region students to pursue careers as physicians.
- Must be a resident of Taylor, Jones, Haskell or Callahan County for at least one year
- Graduate from a high school in Taylor, Jones, Haskell or Callahan County
- Must be accepted to, or currently enrolled in medical school (M.D. or D.O.) Graduating High School seniors are not eligible.
GPA mus be 3.0 or higher
- Big Country County Medical Society Alliance Scholarship
- Award amount varies
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you been a resident of Taylor, Jones, Haskell or Callhan County at least one year?
- Have you been accepted at an accredited Medical School? You will be required to show Proof of Acceptance. Graduating High School Seniors are not eligible for this scholarship.
- What medical certification are you seeking?
- Have you applied for this scholarship in the past?
- If you have applied in the past, were you awarded this scholarship?
- Please list the names and locations of colleges/universities you have previously attended (also provide # hours completed), your accumulative gpa, and degree completed (if applicable).
- Are you a first generation college student?
- Please provide a 250-300 word essay describing, "Why I want to pursue a medical career." Please tell why you are seeking a medical career and how the money from the scholarship will impact your success. Your are encouraged to include specific information such as your career goals, personal challenges, inspirations, life goals, work experience and any other awards or experiences that will help the selection committee in evaluating your application.
- Provide the name and email address of a teacher/professor who knows your character and is willing to submit an online reference on your behalf (No relatives).
- Show 4 more